Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mystical Machu Piccu for the New Year


Happy New Year!

Hi folks, I trust everyone had a great new year and woke up the next morning next to someone they don{t know. :) I, on the other hand, got to spend my new years eve at Machu Piccu! Of course I was sick and we were getting up at 4:30 the next morning to go up to the ruins....and our hot tub was cold, but it was a great time nontheless!

Mom and Mary came out and we had a nice relaxing time checking out Lima for a couple of days, where Mary and I went paragliding. A second time for me, but a first for Mary. And I also cheated mom out of her chance to go as we didn{t know the wind was going to disappear while I was up there...not the first time this has happened. It disappear so much we had to land down on the beach (which is basically just a pile of rocks) and hail a cab to take us back up the hill!

So after that we took off for Cusco and the Sacred Valley. Spent a couple of days just acclimatizing in Urubamba and visiting the ruins at Ollantytambo before heading off to Machu Piccu. And of course, it is absolutely amazing. And we are not just talking about the ruins here people--the hot men are back! I{ll fill you in on the goods from Bolivia when I get there. :)

So here are some pictures, sorry I am feeling so lazy today and not writing much. I have been on the internet for 2 hours now naming and rotating pictures and such and now am just tired.....that and a guy just sat next to me that doens{t smell all that good.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w190/sweidmann/Machu%20Piccu/

But stay tuned next time when we will discuss the things you MUST know when negotiating the purchase of a llama at the local market.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Hi Mom and Mary! What a happy new year for all of you. Gotta tell you I am green with envy.